Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Meeting With the WTC Memorial Foundation

To All,

I had a very productive meeting with the representatives of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum
at the World Trade Center.

They showed me the current plans for the museum and it contains many interesting features.

I expressed my concerns about being able to handle the crowds, the fact that the memorial is still 70 feet underground and the problem that still exists with the listing of the names.

I then presented our plans for the Hearts and Hands Memorial.

I told them that while the museum at Ground Zero has personal aspects the Hearts and Hands Memorial is totally personal.

From the quilt to the listing of the names as the families requested to the Memorial Garden our location will allow the families a place for peaceful contemplation.

I also told them that by working together we would be able to give the family members a place to go for the 10th anniversary and that no matter how hard they try to convince us that we do not believe that the Memorial will be completed by 2011.

They seemed very interested in our Memorial but we almost certain that they would not be able to help us financially.

I explained that by working together we would be able to give the families everything they had asked for and also offer a place where family members who do not want to go to Ground Zero will be able to go.

After meeting with the representatives I had a personal meeting with Joe Daniels and went over the same points.

I told him that there had to be a way we could work together and he agreed to look into the possibility.

We also talked about trying to make plans to bring the United in Memory Quilt to Ground Zero this September 11th.

He promised to get back to me.

At this point I am cautiously optimistic but only time will tell.

I will keep you posted.

Dennis

No comments: